Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Do

I am thankful for marriage. Thankful for grandparents that have been married 55 years! Thankful for parents that have been married for 36 years! And I am so thankful to be happily married to my man for 7 years!! What a blessing and legacy!

Marriage doesn't have the same value it did 30+ years ago. Even when I was a kid most of my friends' parents were married. Today, at least half of my students come from homes with split parents. I am thankful for grandparents and parents who understand the value. Who make the sacrifice to put their family before their own personal, impulsive desires. Who realize that it takes work, compromise, and sacrifice to make a marriage work. But the value is immeasurable.

I am so thankful I grew up in a home with both parents. Parents who love God and who love each other and aren't afraid to let anyone know it. I had those parents who would kiss and hug in the kitchen while Mom was cooking. As a kid, we'd say oh gross. Quit! As an adult I'm so thankful for those moments. For my parents and for me.

I am so thankful for a husband who loves me and our family and understands how important it is for our children to grow up with both parents. I pray every day that God will protect our marriage and our family. Only He can give us those 50+ happy years together!!

No comments: