Monday, November 19, 2012

Simple Life

Nov 16 - I am thankful for simple pleasure in life. For me it's things like M&Ms, a hot baths on a cold day, a quiet house after a long, loud day, or ice cold milk. This is something I learned from my dad. He can find pleasure in some of the smallest things. Relief from extremes. It's easy to get so busy and miss out on the little stuff. I've always tried to appreciate these things but having a kid just magnified. After our son was born, I will never forget the first time I got through my shower without a screaming baby. Simple but pleasurable. Going out to eat with my husband and not having to get up during the entire meal! Something so simple but so rare now. I like to recognize these things and smile! Sometimes it's just the little things!!

No comments: