Sunday, November 4, 2012

Good Ole Daddy-O

With 28 years of reasons to be thankful, I have no idea where to start with my dad! I am so so thankful for an involved, available, loving Dad who loves my mom and loves us! I am thankful for the long hours of studying Biology to get an A on my exam. And the unforgettable hours coaching a bunch of girls on the softball field with 2 championships to show for it. I am thankful for the many hours working with AWANAS and youth groups to be into what we were. I am thankful for a dad who pushed me to be my best but knew my limits enough to support me when I fell short. I am thankful Dad taught me how to enjoy the moment. Good or bad, this too will pass!

He shows us, teaches us, and leads us to see and know who God is. He points us to Him with his actions, words, and leadership. I am thankful for the loving, patient, strict image I have of God because of the relationship my dad invested in me. I am thankful as an adult I can call my dad anytime to talk. And know that whatever he tells me will be truth and not just what I want to hear, no matter how hard it is. He shows me what a loving husband looks like and I am so thankful his example led me to my wonderful husband. He is the dad that every kid wants. Not always easy but always honest and always there. Yes, my dad was tough growing up. Strict and ever present!

I am thankful for the joy of seeing him with my son. I love to watch my son's and my dad's excitement when we drive up and Jake asks for Pappy and the lawn mower. I know he will be as much a Godly influence on him as he is on me.

I have a million other reasons in my head. I am thankful for my dad! Then and now and going forward!

No comments: