Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bobo's Glory Days

When I think about my brother, the memories that come to mind just begin to overwhelm me. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the priceless! We have always been an interesting pair. My brother looks like my over 6 foot tall football player of a dad. And me, well, I look like my 5 foot tall mom. You would never pair us as siblings. But I would never be who I am today if I'd grown up without that crazy brother of mine.

You know those people that see or read something one time and just remember it forever. That's my brother. School was easy for him. Straight As were just expected because he had no reason not to get them. Me, not so much! I can study something four or five time and still not be able to remember it. But the competitive nature comes out in me and being outdone by my brother was never an option. I would never have been so successful or driven had it not been for his push. While I put the pressure on myself to perform, he was the standard. It comes as no surprise that smart brother of mine is now a doctor!

And the memories in the Blazer are some I will never forget. Whether we were screaming to Dive with the windows rolled down or reminiscing to Table for Two we had some good times in that car. Just the two of us. No parents. No fights. Just two kids with a little freedom and a lot of memories!

Of all the things he's done for me, his example has passed them all. His heart for people. He love for his Savior. His desire to be real and righteous. Even as a teenager he had an uncommon desire for holiness! He is just one of those all around great guys that you don't meet very often. I'm thankful I grew up following in his footsteps!

No comments: