Monday, November 5, 2012

What Can Make Me Feel This Way...

My Girl!! A song my momma has sung to me for years. There is nothing in the world like a mother's love! I am a Daddy's girl and have been most of my life! But when it comes to Momma there are just some things only she can do. Only mom saves a little bite a chocolate chip cookie dough for you to eat when she's making cookies! Only mom knows just how to kiss a scrape and make it feel okay. Only mom can fix your favorite meal just the right way. Only mom can take your jumbled up, all over the place feelings and start to unravel them into a little bit a sense.

Mom teaches you how to cook, clean, do laundry, and find the way into the heart of your man (his stomach)! Mom teaches you how to share, wait patiently, not get everything you wanted, and fear the words, "Wait til your daddy gets home"! Mom stops everything she doing and rearranges her schedule when you call and say I need you!

My mom! She's one of THOSE! The mom that brought cupcakes to school on your birthday. That was PTA president so she could be involved with what you were doing. That sat through endless practices and games of who knows what sport or activity. My mom prayed with us! Talked with us about our day! And she loved my dad fiercely! I have and continue to learn so much from her about what it is to be a wife and a mom! I know no one is perfect. Even she messes up from time to time but she sure makes this job looks easy! Thank you Momma for all you do! I love you!


No comments: