Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Land of the Free and Home of the Brave

I had an experience today I have never had before in my life! I went to vote! I've done this several times in my life and each time I am thankful but today was different. Today I took my son with me! While he is just a toddler, I got to share with him one of the special privileges that makes this country great! My opinion counts! My input is important! My voice can be heard!

My candidate may win! He may not! But I was able to say who I wanted and who I thought would bed lead this country. And to think of the countless men and women over the last 200+ years that have died for that freedom. For the simple act of getting in my car, driving to a nearby poll, and voting! It was an amazing experience and one that I hope our son grows up to value, love, and respect.

Regardless of the outcome, God is on the throne! He is in control! And this is still the greatest country on earth! God Bless America!
Photo credit to Erik Loomis

No comments: