Today has just been a good, special day all around. It started snowing around 5:00 pm Friday afternoon and has been snowing or sleeting since. We woke up to a beautiful white world this morning. I really like snow days. There is just something wonderful about them. You can't really go away so might as well relax at home. I am still in my pjs and have done laundry and taxes and am currently conquering a movie!

However today is special for an ever sweeter reason. Dayla Grace is 6 months old today. (Note: Jared and I do not have children yet so I am absolutely enamored with my niece. So yes, I am one of those aunts and absolutely love being close enough to her to enjoy it.)

I texted my brother and asked him to take some pictures of her for me today (since I can't get there to do it myself). I just can't believe she is getting so big. When I think back to this time six months ago I remember being so excited and hopeful that Sarah wouldn't be in labor for hours and hours or especially days. One of the first questions I asked Jay was, "Does she have a lot of dark hair?" She definitely didn't disappoint.

I remember Jay handing her to me the first time and I just thought, "Don't drop her!" She was so little. I must confess though that the older she gets the cuter she is getting. Her little chubby cheeks are just so precious and so kissable (right Daddy?).

I just lover her! She is growing up so fast. I know you hear people say that all the time and I'm sure it will be even crazier one day when Jared and I have kids but I just can't get over her. I love to hear her make noises. The way she sticks out her bottom lip when she isn't happy is so cute. Getting her to smile at me just makes my day. I look forward to watching her grow.
Happy 6 month birthday Baby Dayla! I hope you're enjoying the snow that God sent just to remind you how special you are to Him. I love you!
However today is special for an ever sweeter reason. Dayla Grace is 6 months old today. (Note: Jared and I do not have children yet so I am absolutely enamored with my niece. So yes, I am one of those aunts and absolutely love being close enough to her to enjoy it.)

I texted my brother and asked him to take some pictures of her for me today (since I can't get there to do it myself). I just can't believe she is getting so big. When I think back to this time six months ago I remember being so excited and hopeful that Sarah wouldn't be in labor for hours and hours or especially days. One of the first questions I asked Jay was, "Does she have a lot of dark hair?" She definitely didn't disappoint.

I remember Jay handing her to me the first time and I just thought, "Don't drop her!" She was so little. I must confess though that the older she gets the cuter she is getting. Her little chubby cheeks are just so precious and so kissable (right Daddy?).

I just lover her! She is growing up so fast. I know you hear people say that all the time and I'm sure it will be even crazier one day when Jared and I have kids but I just can't get over her. I love to hear her make noises. The way she sticks out her bottom lip when she isn't happy is so cute. Getting her to smile at me just makes my day. I look forward to watching her grow.
Happy 6 month birthday Baby Dayla! I hope you're enjoying the snow that God sent just to remind you how special you are to Him. I love you!
1 comment:
I can't believe she is already 6 months! She is so precious!
Post a Comment