There's a country song that says, "You're gonna miss this. You're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast." While I can see where that is so true, this is a season of life I look forward to conquering and leaving behind us. Graduate school has been a journey we will never forget. When researching and talking with people before we decided to do this, we knew and heard that it was hard for the student and for the spouse. But I truly believe I couldn't understand the commitment and craziness until we started living it out.
There is always something going on but thankfully the really hectic times ebb and flow. Right now is one of those crazy times. With Jared's spring break coming up. all his classes are wrapping up. So he's studying for exams - in three weeks he has five exams to study for and take. While taking on this feat, he is contacting, meeting with, and interviewing for internships for the summer. While juggling all those things, he was working on a special Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) project that he has to research, report on, and present.
I am so so proud of Jared. Today he completed the CFA presentation after many hours of work and preparation. And after spending his Saturday dressed in his suit making this presentation and talking with the CFA members hosting the state wide competition, he came home and spent several hours staying for his exam on Monday. He works so hard and has been so committed to his education and does it without complaining about the crazy schedule, tons of work, and lack of sleep. It's been more than we either imagined but we're also thankful to be here.
Today while I was out enjoying the warm sunny day by shopping and going on a walk, I thought a lot about this season of our life. It is crazy and I look forward to getting my husband back but I am so stinkin proud of him.
1 comment:
What a sweet post! Sounds like you too are coping well with the craziness:) It would be easy for you to gripe and complain until you DO get your husband back...
Post a Comment