Saturday, January 23, 2010

Little Pleasures

It seems crazy that life can be so busy yet there is so little to share. We are back into full swing with our school routines. Jared is back in classes and I am back at work. Gone are the days of sitting around resting or spending lots of time together. However, as we get back into the chaos I try to pay attention to the "little pleasures" in life.

  • Going on a date with my husband just to catch up on life!
  • Taking a hot bath when cold and shivering!
  • Sitting on the couch, feet up, under a blanket, reading a good book!
  • Drawing a line through one of the things on my to do list!
  • Trying to make my niece smile and getting so excited when I succeed!
  • Walking into the house and smelling supper in the crock pot!
  • Going for a walk on a cool, completely cloudless day!
  • An email or text from a friend on just the right day!
There are so many things I enjoy doing and sometimes with the busyness of life right now I can forget. It has been hard to go back to work and have Jared so busy again but there are so many little pleasures I have to enjoy.

No comments: