Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm Thankful For... My Family!

I'm thankful for… family who loves, supports, and encourages me.

I have an AMAZING husband. I am so thankful that God has given me Jared to share life with. I cannot begin to express how much I love him or how thankful I am for him. He is a Godly man who is passionate, hard working, thoughtful, funny, quick witted and all I could ever want. His love for God and his desire to be a light to the people around him are things about him that I treasure. Also, in the midst of his 14 hour days, studies and exams he makes time to help me and see to my needs. He is working hard to make his dreams come true, to build a good life for us, and to provide the opportunity for my dreams to come true. He is so special and I can’t imagine my life without him. I love that after 4 ½ years of marriage people still ask if we are newlyweds!



My parents are two of the most loving people you’ll meet. I am so thankful for the life, example, and love they have given me. After 33 years of marriage, I am so thankful to have parents who are still married and who love each other. My dad spends his life leading his family and investing in the lives of others. My mom shows me how to be a good wife (sidekick), a good teacher, and one day a good mother by taking time for other people and their needs. They both will drop what they are doing to help someone and never hesitate. They are two very special people and I am thankful God gave them to me to learn from and follow.



It is wonderful to be in town with family. I have always been thankful for my brother and sister-in-law but never as much as this year. Being close to Jay and Sarah has made me so much more thankful for them. They love God and spend their time opening their home to other people and serving Him. Their support and prayers have been such an encouragement to me this year. They are very special and I enjoy being able to drop by and spend time with them. I am thankful for Dayla, the sweet girl who has blessed our lives. She can smile and melt my heart. I’m so thankful God gave her to Jay and Sarah and that Aunt Fer Fer is around to enjoy playing with her.

My family is precious to me and God has given me a wonderful family. We enjoy being together, we get along, we pray for each other, and we support each other. The older I get the more I realize how unique my family is and I thank God for them daily! This Thanksgiving they are at the top of my list!

No comments: