Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Belated Birthday

I got the best belated birthday present today. Sarah, Jay, Grammy, and Pappy went to the doctor this afternoon. It's a girl! We're going to have a niece! I was surprised but I am so excited! I get to buy bows and dresses, pink and purple, butterflies and dolls! All of the cute, adorable, frilly things I see in the stores.

I had to work (and do not have any personal days to take) so I didn't get to go with them to the appointment. I got a voicemail from Jay around 2:30. He went on and on about how healthy the baby is (which I am very thankful for and do no take for granted.) The spine looks good, the hands and feet, the mouth, and the heart. And then finally he said I was the proud Aunt of a healthy and active . . . niece! He actually got to look at the screen and figure out that "it" was a girl before the doctor told them. Jay and Sarah are going to have a daughter!!

I talked with Sarah, Pappy, and Grammy after school. Jay had to go back to work so I have not talked with him yet. After the appointment Grammy and Sarah went baby shopping to put things on the registry at Babies R Us and Target. What an exciting day!

No comments: