One of the many things I've learned from Dad is to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. A hot shower on a really cold day. Laughing til my sides hurt. Riding in the car with the windows down and the radio up. A card in the mail just to say I'm thinking about you. Or rolling over and going back to sleep on a snow day! For teachers (at least this one) I can't think of a more exciting day. To expect to get up early, spend the day chasing children around only to find out that I can turn the alarm off and lay in the bed until I'm ready to get up (one of the times I am thankful we don't have a baby yet). Now don't get me wrong, after a day (or two or three) I'll start missing my little people and wondering how they are managing without my hugs. :) I'll be ready to head back into the field but for today I'm content to sit on the couch, play brain boggling games, Facebook, blog, email, and relax. Who knows what tomorrow holds? Another snow day or at least a 2 hour delay? For today - anything's possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment