Teaching kindergarten has to be one of the most exciting, entertaining, and thought provoking jobs. My kids are always so full of hugs and smiles and interesting ideas. Every year I have those kids at the beginning of the year that I wonder how in the world I will have them on grade level in 180 days. It is these children that also seem to tug on my heart. You know what I'm talking about, those kids that can make you so angry you can't see straight, so frustrated that some days you'd like to throw in the towel, and at the same time to motivated that you keep going back. I have a couple of those this year. One girl in particular has never been to school, is still learning to sit criss cross and raise her hand, and who doesn't know the difference between a number and a letter but she melts my heart. She is the reason I do what I do and my goal this year is to teach her letters, numbers, reading, and so much more than just academics. Here are some pictures of my kids learning their shapes with our creative curriculum.
1 comment:
I'm not sure I could do what you do...I think it would wear me out! See you soon!
Post a Comment