I really like sharing something each day that I am thankful for. Even if no one reads them it is so good for me to reflect and think about all the blessings in my life - past and present.
I am so thankful for my parents. They are wonderful. As a kid, they were strict. I got spankings (many more than my brother). I didn't get up from the table until I ate my food. I did not talk back to my parents. I would not be late for curfew. They wanted to know EVERYTHING! But I knew without any doubt that they loved me.
And I knew they loved each other. The older I get the bigger and more special blessing their 35 year marriage is. I realize it is rare and I am so so thankful for them. They have so much knowledge and wisdom to share.
My prayer is that we will be as good to our children as they have been to us!!
No comments:
Post a Comment