Thursday, July 22, 2010

Brotherly Love

For those who know my brother and me, you know we have a very unique relationship. We have gotten along for as long as I can remember. We'd have the occasional argument or chance to annoy each other but overall we've gotten along well. This picture is from when we lived in GA - Jay was about 7 and I was around 5. We both played soccer at the time but I have no idea why we are both wearing camo.



Throughout high school and college we stayed close. Some people thought we were twins (although I have no idea why). But there has always been a healthy competition between the two of us. I'll admit Jay always had the upper hand but my goal was to always measure up or beat him. I could count on one hand the number of his football games I missed over the millions of years he played. :) But with his busy schedule he'd still find time to eat with me, check on me, and spend time with me. His attention and motivation played a huge part in who I am.



This picture was taken two decades after the other picture. It's hard to believe we've grown up so much. Now, after spending the last year in the same town with my brother and his family I am just reminded what a great guy he is. I miss him but am so proud of my brother - the doctor. It's amazing how time flies.

No comments: