Thursday, July 22, 2010

Friends Are Friends Forever

Friends are such a blessing. The kind of friends you can not see for a year or two (or more) and then you get together and it's like you have never been apart. I have two really good friends like that. We grew up together and were the three stooges. Here is a picture from our carefree young days before work, husbands, and children. This was a picture taken at the beach around my 15th birthday. We'd been friends for 8 years.


March 1999

Then when I was 14, we moved to Virginia, Mandy stayed in North Carolina, and Miranda moved to South Carolina. We stayed in touch and finished high school. I went to college in VA, Mandy went in NC, and Miranda went in SC. We would get together whenever we could. But now we are all back in NC. Mandy and I are in the same town and Miranda lives about 2 hours away. We've been able to get together a few times over the last year and it's been wonderful. I am looking forward to another girls' day very soon! This picture was taken last summer when they came to visit us. We'd been friends for 18 years. I love these girls!


June 2009

No comments: