Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Golden Year

My hubby has celebrated another birthday. He turned 28 on the 28th. His golden birthday! I wanted to do something special, like go on an overnight getaway, but with Jared's busy schedule with school that just wasn't realistic this year. But I still managed a little surprise. After living in Virginia our whole married life, being in North Carolina presents all kinds of new attractions to visit. One of the things on the to-do list was go to the Bass Pro Shop. So I did some researching and on Saturday, I told Jared to get his studying done in the morning because we were leaving at lunch to go. I never told him where we were going.
I think he was really surprised and really enjoyed it. It was just the two of us for the day. We got to Bass Pro Shop and I had gotten him a gift card to buy something while we were there. So we spent a while looking, watching the fish, and enjoying the man store. We also had time to wander into Concord Mills. It was so much fun. Then I had planned for us to go to Outback in Charlotte for supper. They sand to him, embarrassed him, and gave him ice cream.
It was a fun day. We got home around 7:00 and went for a walk and did cake and ice cream. I am not a cake maker but we like ice cream cakes and cookie cakes. My parents got us an ice cream cake for our birthdays when we celebrated at home so I made a cookie cake. It isn't anything pretty but wow was it good.
Finally on Sunday, his actual birthday he opened presents. He has lots of cards from my family to open and then gifts from me. He got his Bass Pro Shop gift card, a Chili's (his favorite) gift card, and two new Nautica shirts. It was a fun day for both of us. It was good to get away, spend some time together, and celebrate the wonderful man that God has given me!






No comments: