Friday, July 10, 2009

NC Life

Just a little update. I've tried to keep you in the loop with email. Things are going well here in NC! Jared and I went to the DMV today and it only took an hour and a half with both of us. We took the driving test, got our NC driver's licenses, registrations, and tags. Praise the Lord! I'm glad to have that done.
Things are picking up with my job search. Finally, after so much waiting, Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools have posted job openings. They began posting jobs on July 6 and have been updating it daily.
I had an interview this past Wednesday, July 8. The interview was at Sedge Garden for 1st or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade positions. The interview went well and I was there for an hour. We talked and interviewed for 45 minutes and then we went on a 15 minute tour of the school. I am definitely interested in the school and really liked the principal. I would prefer a lower grade but we'll see.
I have an interview this coming Monday, July 13 at Forest Park Elementary. It is at 10:00 and is for a 1st grade job with a large Spanish population. Then I have another interview on Tuesday, July 14 at Easton Elementary. It is at 1:00 and for a kindergarten position. I am very excited about it. If you know me, you know I love kindergarten.
Again - thank you so much for all your prayers. My prayer all along has been that God would do exceedingly, abundantly above all that I could ask or think. I am enjoying the interviews and praying that one of them turns into a great teaching job for me.

1 comment:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

I'm glad you have so many interviews! And that you both have some down time before Jared's classes start and you start your job:) Glad you're getting settled and that you and Jared are in this together!