Monday, July 20, 2009

Near and Dear

"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."
Psalm 27:17
It has been so fun living in North Carolina. I lived in Asheboro, NC as a child where I met two of my best friends - Miranda and Mandy - about 17 years ago. Miranda moved to SC, Mandy stayed in NC, and I moved to VA. But they are both in NC now too so one Saturday we all got together. It was so fun to tell old stories and think about the "good old days" but it was also fun to talk about what's going on now. They are both married and have a little boy. Miranda's son, Wes, (in the picture) is 9 months and Mandy's son, Viggo, (home sick) is 21 months. These girls have been in my life to a long time and it is fun to be near them again.

I had three wonderful roommates while at Liberty. One of them lives in Oklahoma with her husband and daughter and is preparing for the mission field. But the other two - Joy and Christa - are in NC. So to take advantage of them being an hour or less away we got together one evening. They brought their kiddos and we ate supper at our house. Joy's son, Trevor, (pictured with Jared) and Christa's daughters, Addy and Gabby, (above) were so much fun to play with.

All of these girls are so special to me and I am so glad they are close now. They were all bridesmaids in our wedding and have been such an encouragement to me. I am glad God brought us to Winston-Salem where I can spend time with these friends, get together for lunch or supper, and have someone to talk to. I am more and more thankful we are not in Nashville. During this crazy and changing time with Jared starting school, I am so thankful for the circle of friends and family (Jay, Sarah, and Dayla) already around me.

1 comment:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Now I'M the one missing out on the reunion! So is Dayla here yet? I don't remember the due date...