What a wild couple of weeks it has been for us! But in such a wonderful way! Forsyth County started posting jobs on July 6th so I started calling and emailing schools.
I had my first interview on Wednesday, July 8th. The interview went well and six days later I got an offer to teach 3rd grade there.
My second interview was on Monday, July 13th. I interviewed with the principal and two curriculum coordinators at 10:00 that morning. She called Monday afternoon and offered me a 1st grade job. She also gave me a day to think about it and time to go to my next interview.
On Tuesday, July 14th I went to my third interview at 1:00. I already had two job offers and a deadline to commit. I prayed, talked to Jared, talked to Dad and Mom, and trusted God to lead. I confess I was feeling a little overwhelmed. When I got to the interview the principal took me back and thanked me for coming. Then she informed me that the job I was interviewing for had been filled by the assisstant superintendent the day before with surplus teachers from last year. She didn't have anything. What a blessing! I sat in the chair and chuckled to myself as I watched God close the door.
So now it's decision time. I'm home from interview by 1:20 and need to contact principals by the end of the school day. That morning I had prioritized the jobs. If I had three offers then I knew what which was first, second, and third. As God opened and closed doors it became so clear what His plan was.
I called the second school and accepted the 1st grade position. I still have to go through the paper work and offical hiring and contract signing but I have a job. I have a teaching job. I have a teaching job in 1st grade. I prayed specifically and God provided. He knows the desires of my heart and He did exceedingly, abundantly above all that I could ask or think.
WHAT A WONDERFUL, LOVING, POWERFUL GOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment