Monday, April 6, 2009

Wake Forest Demon Deacons

What a week it has been! It was quite a roller coaster around here this week with plenty of ups and downs. After much discussion, we decided that I needed to go ahead and tell my boss that I would not be coming back to Cale and that we were moving to Nashville. That was very difficult. I have had an amazing year and love my job here. I also had to tell the other five kindergarten teachers and I teared up during that one. By telling them, I was able to ask for the references I needed to apply for a job in Nashville. So I worked on and submitted my job application to Metro Nashville Public Schools on Wednesday. Thankfully that ball is rolling and hopefully I will not have trouble finding a teaching job for next year. Then...
Jared got another call!! From Wake Forest!! On Friday!! He is in!! Praise the Lord! After months and months of preparation and waiting, he was accepted at both schools! We are so thankful! What exciting news. Finding out this time was very different. They called around 4:00 on Friday so we were not together when he found out. He called and told me the news. As soon as he got home we hopped in seperate cars to head to Danville to teach for a youth discipleship weekend. We were back together Sunday afternoon on the way home and able to talk. I'm finally back on the computer and able to share.

The Babcock Graduate School of Management.
Now it is decision time! He has to choose which school to go to. His acceptance letter and deposit are due at both schools by May 1st. We have about three weeks to make a decision. I have finished my job application for Winston-Salem schools and submitted it this morning. Until we know where we're going I need to pursue both places. PLEASE keep us in your prayers as we make this decision. Praise the Lord for the opportunity to decide! I am so thankful!!

1 comment:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Awesome Fer! We'll be thinking of you guys as you plan your next steps! It'll be a busy summer for you guys!