Today was my first MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) meeting. It was so nice to get out, meet other moms, and hear stories about their lives and families. As a stay at home mom, when people ask what I do, I get many different reactions. Some moms are envious, some people think I'm crazy, some people assume we're rich, some people think it's a waste of time. Today was a great reminder for me.
Let me be clear, we are not rich. We live on a budget but thankfully we are both good at that and God has provided a job for Jared that covers our needs. We are not crazy. There are definitely people who are not programmed to stay at home all day with their own children. Some people need to get out, socialize, build their careers, etc. There are people who would love to stay home but cannot because of financial obligations.
Most of all, it is NOT a waste of time, energy, or resources! Our speaker today reminded us that as moms we are world changers. The future depends on our kids, the choices they make, and the people they become. I am far from perfect and a wonderful role model but there is NO ONE who wants my kids to succeed, create change, and contribute more than I do. I want them to grow up knowing that there IS right and wrong. I want them to grow up knowing that loving and investing in people is the greatest gift you can give. Most of all I want them to KNOW Jesus and to share and show Him to the world that so desperately needs it.
My "job" is a calling. Yes, I am a stay at home mom but I do NOT sit on the couch watching soap operas. I spend my day feeding, changing diapers, taking to the potty, answering questions, instilling right and wrong, educating, kissing boo boos, and putting aside my agenda to meet their needs. It is a selfless, tiring but completely rewarding job. My prayer is that one day my children will make this world a better place and more importantly make our eternal home a little more crowded.
So maybe next time someone asks me what I do for a living I'll just answer, "I'm A World Changer"!
No comments:
Post a Comment