Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer

Yay! It's summer time! While I am NOT a fan of the heat, I am a fan of summer. As a teacher, I thoroughly look forward to the time off from work. While summer gets shorter and shorter, I love the time away from my job. The time away from my students. The time to rest and relax and get ready to start over. I enjoy the opportunity to go to the pool, the lake, or the ocean and get in the water. I like the long days. I look forward to grilled food. I enjoy going walking in the evening.

I also like summer because there's a lot to celebrate. My hubby and I were married in June. It is always fun to look at where we are, where we've been, and where we are going. My mom, brother, sister-in-law, and niece have birthdays in the summer. There's just a lot to enjoy. So in the words of my PawPaw, "Bring on the 4th of July!"

No comments: