Philippians 4:6- 7 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
This is another verse that's been on my mind a lot lately. I've focused a lot of telling God what I need and seeking His peace to guard my heart. I haven't spent as much time thanking Him for all He has done. So I've tried to stop and think and meditate more on this part of the verse. I have been overwhelmed by the love of God in my life in big and small things.
I have an amazing, Godly husband who is somehow able to balance his family, his school, and his job search without missing a beat. He bends over backwards to help me out around the house and the first thing he does when he gets home is give me a hug and kiss and reach for our son!
Our son - the gift that he is has been more than I ever expected. To look at him and see God's goodness and love. To know how I feel about him and to image how God feels about me. Some days he makes me crazy but never for one second would I send him back (if I could).
I have a wonderful family. My parents are the most Godly examples I could ever find. They have been married 34 years and spend their lives serving and helping other people. My brother and sister-in-law are always a source of help and encouragement. And my sweet niece can always bring a smile to my face!
During this wonderfully crazy period in our life - having a baby, taking 12 weeks off work, MBA graduation, job searching - God has been so much more than faithful. He has provided for us financially in ways I hadn't expected. He's taken care of our family and our needs. Yet I still find myself anxious at times. Why? My God is the same God that rescued Isaac from being sacrificed on the alter by his father. My God is the same God who led Joshua across the river on DRY ground even though Joshua had no idea where he was going. My God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He has been so faithful to me, why should I doubt.
No comments:
Post a Comment