Friday, October 22, 2010

October

The title of my blog escapes my mind sometimes when I get on to write and I just shared whatever happens to be going on. The same is true this time but it also falls into that category of passion of the heart.

Fall is a fun time of year. I really enjoy the cool weather, the changing leaves, and even (after years of training and brainwashing) the occasional football game. Go Deacs!! But most of all, I enjoy fall for a much different reason. It is just a reminder of the joys to come. It is a time of anticipation. Jared and I were talking last week that sometimes the anticipation can be as thrilling as the event itself.

For me, fall is the beginning of Christmas. There is just something about the cool air that makes my heart happy. So in our house Christmas music (thanks to cds, iTunes, and online radio stations) starts in October. So we've already been enjoying Christmas music for about three weeks. And Halloween is just not my thing so we usually just skip it. We spend Halloween night hanging up Christmas lights in the house that we can enjoy for an extra month.

It's not that I don't appreciate Thanksgiving and the month of November but with all the hustle of Christmas I've just found that to truly enjoy it, I need to start it much earlier. So Christmas shopping starts in September and at this point I am half way done!! I just love Christmas. Being with family. Snow!! And celebrating the most wonderful gift ever given - a tiny baby whose life and death would change the world! I love Christmas. It's just a passion of my heart and two or four weeks just isn't long enough!!

No comments: