Friday, October 8, 2010

Timing

I love God's timing. Sometimes waiting on Him can be quite difficult and frustrating for me. Sometimes trusting Him that His timing is better than mine is hard to remember. But sometimes His timing just makes me smile.

My sister in law sent a text last Saturday that she'd mailed us something and it should be there on Saturday. So I checked the mail but nothing came on Saturday or Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday.

So I talked with her this week to let her know we hadn't gotten it yet. We were concerned that it had gotten lost. We were both disappointed at the thought. But today when I got home from work I was resting on the couch and the door bell rang. There on my porch sat a box. The one from my sister in law that was suppose to be here last Saturday.

It got here later than she'd thought but it got here. And it could not have come on a more perfect day. It had just been one of those days and the box was the perfect pick me up that I needed. God knew when she sent that package last week that it needed to say with the mailman a little longer than planned. An awesome box full of baby things was just the perfect gift from my brother, sister in law, and niece. And just the perfect reminder that God's timing is always just right!!

No comments: