Thursday, May 13, 2010

This One's for the Girls

It's interesting how sometimes the best ideas are never our own. I saw this on a friend's blog and thought it was a neat idea. I know Mother's day has passed but not by much. There are so many ladies that have come into my life and taught me something to take with me. Here are just a handful!

My mom taught me...
how to be a Godly woman.
to love my husband and family with all I've got.
how to cook although my food never tastes as good as hers.
life's not fair; deal with it!

My sister-in-law taught me...
people's needs are more important than schedules and appointments.
how to be a good wife to a busy graduate student husband.
Cookout has the best milkshakes in town!

Grandma taught me...
life will throw some curve balls but God is greater!
how to laugh until my sides hurt.

Mawmaw taught me...
life is precious and memories are priceless.
how to shell peas until there are blisters on my fingers.

Miranda taught me...
life is about perspective and keeping God's is best.
Coke in a glass bottle is worth the trip to go get it.

Mandy taught me...
happiness is conditional but true joy can always be found.
not to drink too much water if I don't know where the nearest bathroom is.

Julia taught me...
following Jesus can take you to some far away places but it's always worth the journey.

Mrs. Nancy taught me...
that God really does give beauty for ashes, strength for fear, gladness for mourning, and peace for despair


There are so many other ladies that have left nuggets of truth in my life. I am so thankful for all of them.


No comments: