Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Remember When



This was a special weekend for our family. My big brother graduated from medical school!! It is hard to believe that after years of classes, studying, exams, boards, research, and work - he is finally done! Woohoo! I am so proud of him! His wife has been such a trooper through four years of medical school and has done an awesome job supporting him.





And of course, my parents couldn't be more proud of him! It was fun to celebrate him and all his accomplishments. However, I must confess that while I sat through his hooding and commencement there were some fun thoughts go through my head.






This man - Dr. Cline - has not always been so smart and sophisticated. I remember when...

  • the Thunder Cats were the only show to watch.
  • his goal was to look like and be MacGyver
  • we got in a fight at the neighbors house and I pulled his shorts down around his ankles.
  • we would hide out under the front porch in our secret hiding place.
  • we could go swimming for hours with only diving sticks to entertain us.
  • we would watch Superman (Dean Cain) and eat pizza every Sunday night.
  • he would squat down and ribbit like a frog in the middle of the mall.
  • he was about 11 years old my dad asked my brother what he wanted to be. He said, "A doctor, so I can help people!"

Well, he has outgrown many of those fun and special memories but one thing he will always have is the heart of a man who loves God and loves and wants to help other people!

Brother - I am so proud of you! Congratulations on living your dream! I love you!

No comments: