Sunday, October 11, 2009

Date Night

It's interesting how life can feel so busy and yet there seems so little to talk about. Jared and I are staying busier than we've ever been.

Jared is doing great and working hard in grad school. He has his first exam, accounting, on Monday. He's spent most of the weekend studying for it. I am so proud of him and praying he knocks it out of the park.

I am trying to adjust to my job. I had no idea teaching could be so hard. My first four years teaching were so very blessed. I'm building some relationships with the kids but still feel overwhelmed and frustrated quite often.

At the advice of some second year MBA students, we set aside (or schedule) time to be together. It would be very easy to go week in and week out without spending time together. This weekend was date night. It was so fun! Jared studied for his exam all day until supper. At 6:00 we got ready and went to Chili's. We spent hours talking about the parts of life we'd missed throughout the week. Then we went to the mall and got a cookie. I had no idea time with my husband could be so scarce and still so special.

Jay and Sarah are still in Augusta for Jay's Ear, Nose, and Throat rotation at MCG. Unfortunately, Jay will still be gone a while since he goes to Charleston when he is done in Augusta. However, Sarah and Dayla will be coming home in a couple weeks. I am looking so forward to it. It will be nice to have my sister-in-law around to hang out with since our husbands tend to leave us hanging! :) I'm looking forward to seeing and kissing on this little pumpkin too!

No comments: