Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Wake Forest Weekend

We had such a fun weekend again. Friday night Jared and I went on a date. He's been so busy with school now so it was wonderful to have some time to talk and be together. Then Saturday was Wake Forest day. Jared and Jay are dressed in the Deacon attire for the football game. Dayla is showing her support too but no game for her.
The football game was a 12:00. Jay and Sarah had a great idea. The girls weren't going to the game but we wanted to do something fun. We had a tailgate breakfast at Jay and Sarah's house. Jay cooked french toast on the grill. Mmmmmm, it was so good. There was maple syrup, powered sugar, strawberries, chocolate chips, and Sarah made strawberry syrup to put on top. So we ate our tailgate breakfast outside on their back porch. It was a blast.
After breakfast the boys headed to the game. I went and did some Christmas shopping. I bought 11 gifts on Saturday. Now I have a total of 15 Christmas presents purchased but still have about 10 more presents to buy. It was so much fun to get out and go shopping.
I shopped for about 3 hours and then went back to Jay and Sarah's. We ended up eating pizza at their house for supper. We just made a day of it. I got to catch up with Sarah and spend some time with Dayla. I love this picture. She'd just woken up from a nap and eaten. As I was talking to her she just started smiling and Sarah got some really cute pictures. I love this baby!
It was a fun weekend. Nice to get away, spend time with family and relax.

1 comment:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

French toast on the grill?! Never heard of it...but it sounds good! That sweet lil Dayla is TOO cute...love her thick, dark hair... just like Harper's:)