Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Think! Think!! Think!!!

On Sunday at church, Pastor Allen's message was Change the Way We Think to Change the Way We Live from Ephesians 4. As I've thought over his message the last couple of days it has hit another area of my life.

Now that Jennabeth is crawling, pulling up, and cruising she is able to get Jake's things (snacks, drinks, toy, etc). This has created a little change in their relationship. Jake is used to having the upper hand and being in control of which toys she has and what she can play with. So we are learning to share. And take turns. And not push.

As I dwelt on Pastor Allen's message I realized that I am working on Jake's actions. One morning, on my run, some of the only quiet along time I get during the day, God spoke to my heart. That same truth applies to Jake. Even as a preschool aged boy.

My goal this week has been to address his behaviors but to focus on his thoughts. I've spent a lot of time talking with him about how God wants us to be gentle with other people, about how God made him Jennabeth's big brother so that he could help her, protect her, and love her. My prayer is that as he thinks of his sister as special and needing him that his behaviors will change out of love for her!

We will see...

No comments: