Sunday, March 20, 2011

Over and Over

Life is so wonderfully crazy right now. Our little man is growing and changing so fast and I am loving being at home with him. Jared is just a few short weeks away from graduating from graduate school. We are still waiting (patiently) for God to provide a job. The closer graduation gets, the harder it gets for me to trust. But it's a choice and choose to remember, know, and trust that when we commit everything to Him and trust then He will help us.

I don't know exactly what lesson I'm supposed to be learning but this week I've heard the same Bible story from three different places. Abraham and Isaac. After waiting and waiting, God finally gave Abraham and Sarah a son. How patient did they have to be. Then God asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. How much faith would that take? To know all the promises God had given to Abraham, to love his son so much and for Go to ask him to sacrifice him. Abraham had a choice. Did he commit his son to God and trust or did he take control? Abraham chose to trust and God rescued his son. God didn't want Isaac but he wanted to know that Abraham's heart was willing to put Him first and trust Him.

I hope we don't have to wait as long as Abraham and Sarah but I do hope that my heart has as much faith and trust in God as Abraham did. I can't wait to see Him deliver us and meet our need! Until he does...

No comments: