Sunday, January 30, 2011

Life's Little Reminders

As we get down to the wire getting ready for our little one, it's easy for me to get overwhelmed and frustrated- in general. I feel nervous about giving birth. How will I do? Will it last sooooo long? What about the unknowns or surprises? I get anxious about bringing him home and taking care of him. Then sometimes life's little reminders just come along.

Today was one of those days. I love our Bible Fellowship class at church. There is one other couple in there our age and then the rest of our class has kids from elementary to college age. That means they come with lots of love and wisdom. Our teacher is a great fit for us. He's real, insightful, funny, and interactive.

Today we were studying Elisha (Elijah has already been taken to heaven by the chariots of fire). Elisha is being pursued by the Aram army for telling Israel about their war advances. 2 Kings 6:15 When the servant of the man of God (Elisha) got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere. “Oh, sir, what will we do now?” the young man cried to Elisha. 16 “Don’t be afraid!” Elisha told him. “For there are more on our side than on theirs!” 17 Then Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!” The Lord opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire.

Then our teacher made applications to these verses? 1 - Do I believe that God protects and He delivers according to His plans? If I do, then why be worried? 2 - Are my spiritual eyes open? If the chariots of fire are on the hillside, would I see them? It was just a great reminder of the bigness of God.

No comments: