Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Good Stuff

I enjoy blogging and I really enjoy reading other people's blogs. We have a friend who recently blogged about making it a priority this year to spend quiet, alone time with her husband. With a baby on the way I realize our lives are going to change, a lot, and it will be much harder to have such special time with my husband.

After five and a half years of marriage, I've grown accustomed to the way our lives run. We have a wonderful marriage that is truly blessed. God has been so good to us. As we prepare for our little one and as little reminders come along, I realize how spoiled I have gotten to having such a wonderful husband. He is easy to take for granted because he does so much and expects so little in return.

This one is for you honey! Thank you for ALL the good stuff:
• Opening my car door every time we go somewhere and making women who've been married for 40 years jealous.
• Vacuuming the floors so I don’t have to carry that heavy thing.
• Taking out the trash all the time.
• Making to go out for Saturday night dates so we can just sit and talk.
• Going walking just to get out of the house and spend time together.
• Countless back and head rubs to help me relax and sleep.
• Hanging laundry.
• Going grocery shopping with me so I don’t have to carry the heavy bags.
• Cranking my car in the mornings to get it warm and scraping all the ice off.
• Checking the air in my car tires and getting it fixed when something is wrong.
• Pumping my gas every week so I don’t have to.
• Keeping me calm and loving me when the baby is slowly but steadily stealing my brain.

I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband. I know our time together will change with our new addition but I pray that our relationship with continue to grow and remain as strong and special as it is today. You are a wonderful husband and are going to be such a great dad! Thank you for all the good stuff!

No comments: