Plus, we got to see a really good friend, JULS. We don't live close to each other any more an so we hadn't see her in months. It was so much fun to see her, laugh, and enjoy the chilly day together. We went by LU to see how much it has grown and changed since we left. It was very different.
Then we went to the Living Christmas Tree. After moving several times, I've forgotten some of the things about Lynchburg. Like how the traffic there is not nearly as bad as it seemed when we were in college. Like how wonderful it is to be in a predominately Christian town. And how much I love Charles Billingsley. Oh how I miss that man! Of the places we've been and the people we've heard there is no one I'd rather hear sing praises that Charles Billingsley. He is one gifted man with a passion for what he does. Of the Christmas Tree performances, he was by fast the best!
I just love Christmas. There is so much to be thankful for. Time with family. Getting together with friends. And being reminded that the whole reason we celebrate this season is because of a little baby who chose to come - knowing he would die! Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment