Today is our 5th anniversary. It is hard to believe but times flies when you are having fun. We were sharing our story with a new friend last night and it was just fun to think back.
My family moved to Virginia when I was 14 and my brother was 16. Our first day at our new school was so overwhelming but Jay made a friend quickly. They met in gym and got to talking. It turns out this new friend (Jared) also went to the church we started going to. Jay and Jared got to be pretty good friends and Jared would come up to our house frequently to see Jay.
I knew Jared and saw him a lot and thought he was cute. But he was older and friends with my brother so I didn't think much about it. Then one day things changed. Jared and I started to notice each other and started talking. But he graduated high school and I had another year left.
I stayed home to finish school and Jared took off to Liberty University to room with my brother. Our first year together was pretty much over the phone, icq, and weekends. It was a long year. Then I graduated high school and went off to Liberty.
Jared and I continued to date through college while he remained roommates with my brother who was very cool with us dating. My parents had a rule that we could get married at any age but if we did then we were responsible for paying for school. So Jared and I dated over 5 years. And three weeks after I graduated from Liberty, we got married.
On June 11, 2005 at 2:30 pm I married the love of my life. With my dad as the pastor, my mom as my matron of honor, my brother as his groomsman, and my sister-in-law as a bridesmaid we tied the knot. It was a beautiful and special day. A day I am so thankful for and don't regret or doubt for a second.
No comments:
Post a Comment