Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why Not?

I have no idea how it is the first week of April and we are having temperatures in the 90s. That's crazy! As someone who is not a fan of summer (except for being off work), this hot weather is not very exciting.
In the heat, I took my students out to recess. I sat down in my chair and took my flip flops off because I definitely do not want those stubborn flip flop tan lines on the top of my feet. ;) Well, since nothing gets by my students they wanted to know why I took my shoes off.
However, they quickly lost interest in the reason why when they realized that the side walk chalk also wrote ON my feet. They started out tracing my foot on the sidewalk. But once they realized they could do so much more they got excited. Why? I don't know! Did I let them? Sure, why not! They colored my feet (no coloring above the ankle) with side walk chalk for about 20 minutes and then thoroughly enjoyed "erasing" it with a wet paper towel. Crazy kids!

No comments: