I know I've already shared my pictures of Mr. Pumpkin Pig and told you how much fun that was. But these are my kids and the only ones I have and they are just so cute! I am so thankful for a job that I love and a ministry that's so close to my heart.
A spider snack: a body, 8 legs, and up to 8 eyes.
Halloween day was nuts in kindergarten. We told the kids no costumes because they just can't handle that much excitement. However, the festivities flowed. In the morning, each class rotated to each of the six kindergarten teachers for a different lesson. I taught about spiders and did a spider snack using Oreos, pretzel sticks, and M&Ms. Then they went to a teacher to learn about bones, another to make black cats, another to build Halloween patterns, another for Halloween games, and another to read and act out a Halloween story. It's wonderful to be in a big school and 100 five year olds is a lot. It was fun and the kids (and teachers) had a blast!
Then they went to lunch (to take a break from the grueling morning). When they got back we had Halloween festivities in my room. My room mom organized it all and several other moms came in to help. They played games, won prizes, and had a Halloween snack. Finally after all that I took my little rug rats out for a long recess. As you can imagine, they needed it. Between my parent-teacher conferences the night before (12 conferences in 4 hours, I got home at 8 pm) and a Halloween with my little ones, I came home and took a nap for an hour Friday. It's a great, fun job but man can they wear you out! I love it!!
1 comment:
You're pumpkin week and Halloween festivities sound so fun! Oh to be a kid again! Did any teachers dress up?
Post a Comment