Monday, September 15, 2008

Apple Pickin

Teaching kindergarten is so much fun. We get to do things that "big" kids can't do. My kids get excited about everything. It's great. We took all 100 kindergarteners to Graves Mountain Apple Orchard. It was so much fun. It was cloudy and cool but it never rained and we didn't get hot. The kids loved getting to see all the apple trees and where they store the apples. I took 14 kids and 8 parents. That was nice. It's a lot easier to keep us with 5 year olds when you have parents to help you.
Picking apples off the apple tree. Some red, some yellow, some green.

We went on a hay ride behind the tractor to get to the apple orchard. We learned how apples grow. We also learned that they plant a patch of corn outside the apple orchard to distract the bears so they won't eat the apples.

We did a seed sort.



1 comment:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

How cute! I could probably learn something right along with them! I bet you're having so much fun...I can just picture you shaking your wiggles out with the kiddies:)