Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Best Christmas Ever

I love Christmas! LOVE it! I start Christmas shopping in September and start listening to Christmas in October. I just love Christmas and celebrating and family and the focus on the birth of Jesus! It's just great!

This is the best Christmas ever and I've had some good ones. The year Santa Claus came early while I was at McDonald's. The Christmas my brother got married. The Christmas my hubby proposed (same Christmas). The first time I was with all my family and my husband for Christmas. The first Christmas with my niece.

Now this one. Not only is it our son's first Christmas but it is a Christmas full of excitement and reminders of hope. Since I was little I have loved kids and have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. As a kid I never realized what a sacrifice and challenge it was. Now, after finishing my husband's MBA and his new job, I am home. I am officially and completely a stay at home mom.

My Christmas break will not end. I get to stay home with our baby. I get to watch him grow, learn, and play. I get to spend my time teaching, training, and disciplining him. I realize this is not easy or always fun but it is what I have always wanted to do and am so thankful for the opportunity.

It has been a LONG road getting here. I want to take the time to write it down so I don't forget the details but through the confusion and disappointment God has been good. This year I am thankful for Jesus. I am thankful for the Father's willingness to send His son. I can't imagine. I am thankful for our son and for his first Christmas. I am thankful for my husband, his hard work, and his commitment to his family. I am thankful for faith and hope. I am thankful that I can have confidence that what I hope for will actually happen and that I can have assurance about what I cannot see. FAITH!

No comments: