Sunday, August 14, 2011

The View Looking Up

Do you remember being 5 years old and looking up at your mom or dad? I do. Do you remember the feeling of complete awe over how big and strong they were? I do. As a little kid, I remember looking up at my parents many times and feeling engulfed by their strength and their love.

Today I have a much similar and familiar feeling. As my parents celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary I am so overwhelmed by them, by their testimony, and by their example. They are two of the most thoughtful and giving people I know. They never hesitate to give their time, money, thoughts, and love to each other or anyone else. They are real; who they are when someone is watching is who they are behind closed doors.

As their child, I am so thankful to have parents who are still together and in love. All those hugs and kisses that used to gross me out when I was a kid are now some of the most special actions I see and remember. As a married adult with a baby of my own, I have so much to learn from them. They provide such a wonderful example and model to follow. They keep God in the center of their lives and their marriage. Everything else they are and do flows from their relationship with Him and each other.

To have been a couple of teenagers when they got married, they sure have turned out well! I am so proud of them. I am so thankful for them and for God’s protection on their marriage for the last 35 years! I am so grateful for all the sacrifices they have made over the years to be who and where they are today. What an honor and privilege to have such amazing parents!

Today I look up to you again and praise God for you, your marriage, and your love! Happy 35th Anniversary!!


No comments: