Thursday, August 12, 2010

Baby Time


It's been a fun start to parenthood. Jared and I talked and prayed and decided that after 5 years of marriage we were finally ready to be parents. We found out on June 4 that we were going to be. It was Friday and I was still in school. I got up that morning and took a test which was positive. I went on to work and took another one that afternoon to be sure.

Then Friday night I gave Jared a box with a onesie in it. He was so excited so we sat around and talked for a little while and then went out to eat at Olive Garden to celebrate.

We had our first doctor's appointment on July 6 and got to see the baby and its heart beating. We've been back since, August 3, to hear the baby's heartbeat. It's all been so exciting.

My due date is February 9th! We are out of first trimester which was so nice to have during the summer. I did not get sick once but sure did enjoy having the extra time to sleep. I took a lot of naps. Now it's back to work and on to second trimester! We hope to find out what "it" is in October!!

1 comment:

Christina Allen said...

Very excited for you guys!! Can't wait to find out what you are having :)